Sunday, November 13, 2011

And the Christmas fairs continue...

This time at Museum on the Boyne. It was a very tiny event, fewer than a dozen booths.  But sweet and charming.

I often see fruit cake for sale, but this is the first time I've seen Christmas pudding.  I have fuzzy memories of it being served at my grandparent's very traditional english Chrismas dinners when I was a child.  I remember it as being basically fruit cake, pudding style, with brandy sauce. I didn't like it as a child and wouldn't like it now.  Like brussel sprouts and scotch, you either appreciate them or you don't.

This woman was selling tea and tea pots.  I am a huge tea fan, my go to is Earl Grey and I have at least three cups a day.  I have had a number of pretty tea pots over the years and I have to admit a fondness for clear glass tea pots.  But my pragmatic nature can't get past the cleaning that would be required.  A clear glass pot would have to be kept spotless and I haven't the energy for it. I'll stick to my brown betty for now.

And this was my purchase of the day.  They call it a massage candle.  Now that was not a particularly strong selling point for me frankly.  Being very single and all.  However, a chat with the vendors was quite illuminating (yuk,yuk).  Basically you light the candle, let it burn until there is a small pool, then use the spoon to put some of the melted wax on your hands and rub it in.  Moisturizing like a parafin, but you don't peel it off.  Its a soy candle and doesn't get overly hot and the fragrances were wonderful.  My hands were soft and fragrant most of the afternoon.

And as much as I would love to keep it for myself I must focus on Christmas shopping. So it is destined for my sister-in-law.  So sad.  But there is another fair down the road in the next town in a few weeks.  And the candle seller will be there. I may not be able to resist. 



No comments:

Post a Comment