Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Necessity being the mother of, um, MacGyvering?

On the needles: http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEw11/PATTshelburne.php. Lovely Shelburne mittens.  It just so happens that my lys, yes the one I don't often get to, had a sale on Rowan.  I picked up a few skeins of  felted tweed chunky in Grey Pebble. I really wasn't in the mood to test for gauge so I did the the equivalent of a reverse search on Ravelry.  I looked up the yarn and found the associated projects. Searched for free patterns and voila!  Oh, how I love Ravelry.  Anyway, my mitts are going to need a serious blocking.  The rib tends to twist and while they have great stretch, they are a bit narrow.  My usual "pin to a bed" blocking won't do it so I've MacGyvered. 
Its only ridiculous if it doesn't work.


No comments:

Post a Comment