Monday, November 28, 2011

Some projects wait patiently

This lovely combo of book and yarn has been biding its time in my stash.  I adored the cover projects so I bought the book.  This is very against type for me as I rarely buy knitting books which are both expensive and space consuming.  I didn't believe it could happen to a book lover like myself but I am a total convert to e books.  Some day, when I can afford a large format colour tablet I will move all my reference books, recipes and knitting and such over to electronic format.  SO much more convenient. 

Anyway, the book is Fair Isle Basics and Beyond and the yarn is Rowan Felted Tweed DK, the yarn and specific colours used in the cover project. 
I have fallen in love with the cover project, the Eileann Scarflette and Fingerless Mitts.  There is something about the colors - colourful but not bright or garish.  The yarn is actually much softer both in texture and shade than the book photos would suggest. I picked up a few extra skeins not called for in the pattern in the event I am moved to improvise.  The scarflette might bear lengthening and maybe widening. We shall see.

Oh, and the yarn...well it was fifty percent (yes 50%) off.  Anything I can do to support my lys.

No comments:

Post a Comment