Monday, January 2, 2012

Ack! Entrelac

So on the weekend I picked up some assorted heathered Berroco Peruvian to go with my Raku. I have my heart set on a throw, but what design?  I've looked at them all, Lizard Ridge, 10 Stitch Blanket, Squares on a Roll etc.   In the end I decided the project had to meet the following criteria; it would work with varigated yarn (which can get ugly real quick), it would have some textural element (to give it interest and keep me interested) and it would have to be simple enough to knit in front of the television and/or when I'm tired.

Enter entrelac (heh).
Its been years since I've knit entrelac.  Apparently its not like riding a bicycle at all, because I struggled and struggled to pick it up again.  But one day and several washclothes later I think I've got it.

Day 2: I made things better...by avoiding refined sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment