Sunday, January 8, 2012

The beginning of the end

On Friday I was told not to show up for work next week.  And to clean out my desk of personal effects, after hours if you please. And that he may have me perform some work from home  What a relief.  Phew.  Its almost over, that horrible job with the crazy, nasty boss.  

I believe he will keep me on the hook until the bitter end, parsing out my pay week by week and sending me nasty emails at home regarding various perceived work defects he finds in my absence.  I will be very, very surprised if he doesn't simply refuse to pay me to the conclusion of my notice at some point as he becomes enraged over something or another he comes across as he trains his new people.  My co-workers and I, none of who remain at the job now, always took great care in covering our asses due to these sorts of accusations.  The boss has a problematic, some might say selective, memory and a frightening temper.  And I am no longer there to defend myself.  Whatever.  Not being paid would suck but  having to continue to put up with the abuse would suck more.  Best case scenario would be that he just gives up on me.  Here's hoping.

I've been working diligently on my entrelac banket.
Again, sorry about the murky color.  I'm shooting this in the wee hours of the morning.  It's actually quite a bit prettier than it appears.  And it's 50 inches long which I think will work out well after I put a border on it.  Which sort of border I'm not certain yet.  But I'm going to enjoy figuring it out.  

I am slowly feeling happier about life.  And like the entrelac, it may not have been what I envisioned but with some improvision I think it may be just fine.

I have made things better by:  Seeing the end of the job coming certainly but I've also been diligent about working out and I have convinced myself that the carton of cigarettes I bought yesterday will be my last. I'm going to do it. Finally.  The time is not going to get any better.  End of the month. I can do it.  

    

No comments:

Post a Comment